NDIS is delivered across northern Queensland in Cairns, the Cassowary Coast, the Tablelands, Croydon, Etheridge, Cape York, and the Torres Strait. Mission Australia delivers Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) and Local Area Coordination (LAC) services in the following local government areas:
- Cassowary Coast
The National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) provides planning services in the remaining areas of the Cairns region, including the local government areas of:
- Hope Vale
- Lockhart River
- Northern Peninsula
- Torres Strait Island
- Wujal Wujal.
An independent statutory agency, responsible for implementing the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
An independent agency established to improve the quality and safety of NDIS supports and services.
The government agency focused on thriving communities, delivering quality, targeted support to improve social wellbeing of people and places in Queensland.
Provides specialised carer, aged, and disability support services, advocating for equal rights and enhanced outcomes for families.
- MBS Patient Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment and Management Plan for a Child with Disability Item Number
- MBS Provision of Autism, Pervasive Development Disorder, or Disability Services by Allied Health Professionals Item Number
- MBS Professional attendance of at least 45 minutes in duration at consulting rooms only, by a general practitioner (not including a specialist or consultant physician) for assessment, diagnosis and preparation of a treatment and management plan for a patient under 13 years with an eligible disability
- NDIS Becoming an NDIS provider
- NDIS For providers
- NDIS Information for GPs and health professionals
- NQPHN General Practice Toolkit: Understanding your role in the NDIS
- RACGP National Disability Insurance Scheme: Information for general practitioners